Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? Vide
PostSubject: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:44 am

I am currently workirg on a research on the above topic..
I hope to seek advice & suggestions from the community..

Thank you..
Back to top Go down
ahlong

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am

The most 0 cost or even profit is simply joining competition.
This way will bring free publicize your business,and too on yourself too ,making yourself a brand
Back to top Go down
http://www.ustradingdiary.com
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Any examples?
I get the idea that its like the bubble tea fad? People sell bubble tea, gains recognition and stuff. So you join in the competition bubble tea also? Free publicity.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:08 am

Hey, if anyone's come up with a solution tell me quick. I have been sending countless emails to the press about SSuF. I get the feeling I am being ignored.

My email states the benefits of writing about entrepreneurship and a resource for entrepreneurs like SSuF. It's almost akin to a sales message, but still no word from them.

I believe we all know the idea is to make the business 'news worthy', such that the reporters are dying to write about your business.

As ahlong mentioned, join a competition is one way. But what competitions can you join? any suggestions?

You know what, I just got an idea for SSuF. We could offer SSuF as a resource during one of those business competitions in Singapoer. That way, we can achieve publicity. Thanks ahlong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Maybe we just organise an event altogether?

Just to share:
I was discussing with the owner of a newly startup business & we manage to come up with a ACTIONABLE strategy to create an EVENT at ZERO COST & can be fully launched in less than 3 months..

This will CREATE PUBLICITY & AWARNESS for the business & give them an edge to CONVERT THIS LEADS into SALES..

Pardon me but I can't reveal much as the details are private & confidential but I just like to share that it is possible if:
- we can generate desirable interest, traffic to the host..
- we can create activities to the host to boost their business..
- we can explore the host's benefits & values & act on them to leverage for a win-win situation for all parties..

We will like to know some more strategies for FREE PUBLICITY & MEDIA COVERAGE..

DISCLAIMER:
What might work for a particular business, might not work for another..
So there is no FIXED strategy to any business, even in the same industry in similar conditions..
The above strategy came into play after some prequalifying analysis of the goals & conditions of the singular, individual business..
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:07 am

You can consider adding values to your front page. Take a closer look at projectsenso.com, you will realised that there is a main article entitle "profit with a purpose". I join projectsenso and ssuf for the sake of increasing my exposure for my business. All of us has our purpose for joining. For one, I would like to see how community like this can bring business ideas or even better business for us. If we can have articles on front page like "Marketing without deep pockets", "how to use IT for business", "Accounting aspects to business" etc so that we can learn something and at the same time contribute to a community like this. The contributors and those benefit from these will find this site a place they would want to come. Focus on achieving objectives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 am

I see where you are coming from amcpl1.

I'll see what I can do about the first page having interesting and helpful articles.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:33 am

SSUF Admin:
You mentioned about writing to the press..
Maybe it is NOT what you had written but HOW you had written that makes the differences..
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 3:29 pm

SSuF Letter to Newspaper wrote:
Hello newspaper,

I am Joshua Sim, a 20 year old graduate of SP waiting for be enlisted into National Service in September. I have created a website called Singapore Start-up Forum (SSuF), at www.ssuf.biz. SSuF is a unique website for entrepreneurs of Singapore by entrepreneurs of Singapore.

I am convinced that a story on SSuF would interest and appeal to the readers of your newspaper who are interested in entrepreneurship. This is especially so, as entrepreneurship is gaining popularity in Singapore.

Firstly, here is more information on SSuF. SSuF is an online forum, targeted at Singaporean entrepreneurs, or anyone interested in starting a business. Members can post their thoughts on the forum and let other members reply to these posts SSuF is a web 2.0 site, and serves as a platform for entrepreneurs in Singapore to gather, communicate with one enough, network, learn, contribute and grow. Entrepreneurs can use SSuF to get advice on their business ideas and plans, or find business partners and/or mentors. SSuF’s aim is to help grow entrepreneurship in Singapore by helping the entrepreneurship community.

SSuF is unique compared to other sites on entrepreneurship in Singapore, as it is interactive. Members can interactive with other like-minded people, voice their own opinion and even promote their own businesses. Usage of SSuF is free. A story on SSuF will be one of a kind, basically because there are no other online forums like SSuF that target Singaporeans.

SSuF appeals to entrepreneurs in Singapore. I am sure entrepreneurs will be happy to hear about SSuF, as they can use it to aid them in business creation. Any information on SSuF would be well read about, as there is a large base of readers interested in entrepreneurship who read the newspapers daily.

During the recession, there is a trend where people try to find alternative sources of income because times are tough. Thus, the interest in entrepreneurship and information on help in starting a business is growing. More and more people are trying to find help in starting a business from sources like SSuF.

I am sure you would not want to miss out on the chance to write a story about something unique like SSuF. You can view SSuF at www.ssuf.biz.

Thank you for your time. Feel free to contact me at this email address.

This is the template email I use to write to the newspapers.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 pm

I will like to give credit on your guts & drive in proposing to the media..
Not many of us even DARE to think, not mentioning going head on..

Great Move..

In your opinion:

WHAT makes SSUP newsworthy?
HOW does it appeal to the media & its audience?
WHAT BENEFITS & VALUES can SSUP add to the media & its audience?

In short, WHY must the media be bothered about SSUP at all?

The proposal speaks about SSUP & nothing about the issues concerning the media..
Do we know about their concerns at all?

Clue: Think of writíng a proposal with the following headlines:
"Here WHAT/WHY you must know & write about us to keep your audience DELIGNTED & ENTERTAINED"
Back to top Go down
ahlong

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:50 pm

hmmmm.
I have no ideas for this website what business competition can it join.But i will find out ,will post back after a few days
Back to top Go down
http://www.ustradingdiary.com
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks inle.

I was trying to appeal to "what's in it for them" in the first place.

Will try harder with your even more catchy headline.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 5:10 pm

SSUP Admin:
Think from their perceptions & perspectives..

Then you will be able to produce a MORE "SELLABLE" proposal..
The above headlines was created from this line of thought..
The proposal should then be created from this line of thought..

We got other means to create FREE publicities..
I am compiling..
Back to top Go down
KennethLee

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:11 pm

First and foremost, the title is wrong wrong wrong.

It's quite sad that the general mentality of singaporean business owners is to take advantage of everything that is free.

I'm saying that the title is wrong because PR is NOT low or zero cost publicity. Your media pitch requires a well thought through strategy if it wants to get noticed.

Step 1: Plan your angle and decide which publications / mediums are relevant

Step 2: Devise an interesting media kit that will cut through the clutter of hundreds of press releases sitting on the editor's table at any point

Step 3: Follow up with the editors to see if there is any chance of them covering your story. This phone call is a strategy in itself because there are good / bad times to call them.

This is probably the most simplistic way of describing the pitch process. The reason why companies engage PR professionals is because a lot of thought and effort is required before 1 single coverage can be obtained.

I hope that I have given everyone a slightly better understanding.

Kenneth
http://ideasforsmallbusinesses.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://ideasforsmallbusinesses.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?   How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do we ATTRACT the MEDIA's ATTFNTION at LOW or ZERO COST?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Marketing, Sales and PR -