Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. Vide
PostSubject: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:00 am

I am glad that we are all constantly learning stuff, almost everyday..

I hope we can all share small takeaways & tips we learn everyday..

What I learnt today:
About Opportunity
Once it is there, you are unsure & fearful..
Once it is gone, you regret it one day..

There is NO turning back & NO "what if" in life..
That's why I open up ALL my senses & seize any opportunities(real or percieved) that come along..

Grab first, then say..
Worst come to worst, let it go if it is not an opportunity or not the opportunity for you yet..
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:18 pm

I see your point.

So how are are we going to identify an opportunity, and differenciate an opportunity and an illusion or trap?

Many people have wasted time and money on pursuing perceived opportunities which benefit none.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Maybe..
when there is Danger, there will be Opportunity..
when there is Opportunity, there will be Danger..

It is up to individual's perception, confidence & ablities to manage it around..

& not no matter what, we got to learn & experience & surely the OPPORTUNITY to grow WISER..
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Have not being updating..

Here goes:
When you are DOWN, people DON'T remember you, even when you had helped them before or when they are people you know for many years..

When you are way UP, even strangers CLAIM to be your relatives..
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 6:33 pm

inle wrote:
Have not being updating..

Here goes:
When you are DOWN, people DON'T remember you, even when you had helped them before or when they are people you know for many years..

When you are way UP, even strangers CLAIM to be your relatives..

How does this relate to opportunity?

I can see how danger/problems can relate to opportunity. We probably have to brave the dangers that come with the opportunity if we want to "seize the day".
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 pm

That's nothing to do with OPPORTUNITIES..
The UP & DOWN is a different thing I picked up..

Anyway there is bound to be risk in whatever thing we do..

Another lesson today:
"We run the RISK of choking when we eat..
Do we then NOT eat?"

You can let your fears, emotions & excuses get in the way or you can overcome them to do what you know is correct under the given situation & time..

You can percieve every opportunities as dangers, traps & illusions..
& most likely, you prefer to stay in your comfort zone, believing that everyone out there who is offering opportunities is trying to cheat you, rob you & kill you..

You can also percieve every dangerous traps & illusions as opportunities..
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:22 pm

To my surprise, most business owners & entrepreneurs (especially in the case of Singapore) are actually rather close-minded, extremely fearful & defensive, & do not dare to or want to step out of their comfort zone..

In their casual self or in their preaching mode, they tends to be devoted believers of keeping an open mind and talk about being adventurous in taking chances & opportunities..
At the same time, when faced with challenges, changes & decisions, they prefer to act otherwise..

Strange but true..
Back to top Go down
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

I got one!

"In business, the competition will bite you if you keep running, if you stand still, they will swallow you." -Victor Kiam

So ya gotta keep running! Its a great world out there.
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:28 pm

Some people wait for things to happen.
Some people see things happen.
some people make things happen.
Yet, there are some people who don't know that it happened.

I always am not short in finding experts to give advice and consultation but I most of the time cannot many who will roll up their sleeves to make things happen.

Taking RISK is inevitable but we can take CALCULATED RISK. If an insurance agent/financial planner can calcuate my investment risk level, then to start any business, I am sure we can calculate the risk the see if we can afford the risk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.sg/ES-BoutiQue
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Esther has a great point here. Learn how to calculate your business risk in very important. This will tell you how deep you will fall, the worst case. But you need not plan how you spend your money if you suddenly make it big...
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Think Before you Do anything..
But when it is the time to Do something, don't Think..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..   LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY.. Empty

Back to top Go down

LITTLE LESSONS we learnt TODAY..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Share Your Experiences -