Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Vide
PostSubject: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 am

Hi all SSuF members,

Most us had negative thoughts on network marketing, or what ppl always known as MLM. However, in order to be a successful entrepreneur, we must always be open up to new ideas. I have not achieved successes in Network Marketing biz yet, but I believe there is alot of potential in this field. I am opening this thread, to solicit positive comments on network marketing and hopefully, purge out all negativity on the biz.

Ppl who have successes in this area, pls feel free to share with us your experiences.

Lets start the ball rolling...tks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Vide
PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:19 am

Hi Everyone,

Since no one has posted anything to this thread. I might just keep writing, in hope that ppl will change their mindsets towards network marketing.

I address the differences between Network Marketing & Pyramid Selling first:

Network Marketing
1. A legal form of selling.
2. Based on principle of sponsoring and TEACHING others to succeed in an ongoing business. Similar to that of franchising.
3. Consumers can purchase products and services without getting involved in the marketing program.; conversely, those marketing the program do not have to purchase products first to market it.
4. A recognised form of business which is endorsed by Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and Robert Kiyosaki.
5. Those who join the biz can make more than those who joined them earlier, even possibly surpassing their uplines. It is based on a FAIR marketing plan where all members have a fair chance of building a successful business

Pyramid Selling
1. An illegal rip off scheme. Aka Ponzi.
2. Based on the principle of getting in first or very early so one can sign up others and encourage them to do the same.
3. Everyone has to join the pyramid to participate; and no valuable products are offered to the customer. Some pyramid schemes do have products, but they are not sold retail. Instead they just move among recruits and generally no uses the products.
4. A get-rich quick scheme that is regarded as fraud by the govt.
5. Those who join the program later usually make much less and eventually loses money when it becomes saturated, or when some whistle blower expose the scheme.

Hope this helps to kick start some discussions Very Happy

Rgds
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:25 am

Well, at least now you know the different between "Network Marketing" and "Pyramid Selling".

I know some of you will say that a normal business has a pyramid shape, meaning One CEO at the top (tip of pyramid), and many employees at the bottom (base of pyramid). So please don't confuse "pyramid selling" and "pyramid shape".

Network Marketing is not my preference, but I can see why some others would like to join such networks. For the opportunity to make money, and passive income.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh yes, in actual fact, network marketing is actually 'inverse' pyramid shaped in nature, as it aims to develop leaders, and wants to pull ppl to the top. I wrote abt this fact in the other thread under "Network Marketing" topic.

I see the opportunity to develop myself in networking marketing biz, besides the fact that it provides passive income. I can learn how to network, persuade, negotiate, leadership skills, teamwork, communications, and the art of leveraging.

I sincerely hope that ppl who have good experiences in network marketing, to share with us this amazing business, as a passive stream of income.

Rgds
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing my research since I started this thread.

What I have found out is that network marketing is a good biz strategy which most have us have misunderstood.

I read 'Dream Achievers' (can be borrowed from Bk Merah Library), which is a compilation of 50 Successful Network Marketing Entrepreneurs. Very inspiring and motivating. It does mention alot of times abt the negative mindset ppl have on MLM because of the few things that MLM biz encompass.

E.g. fear of rejection, fear of talking to ppl, requires alot of effort (as in any other biz). However, these are all the essential skills which one requires to make it big in the outside world. So getting yourself into network marketing actually trains you in these aspects.

Of course, not all MLM biz are not all good biz though. U really need to analyse the company, products and compensation plan, b4 deciding whether to go into the biz. But there are good companies out there. And once you find it, you will be able to make it big if you work hard enough.

Remember, MLM is not a 'get rich quick' scheme. It is a 'get rich' scheme Very Happy

I will contd my research in these area. Hope this is gives more insight in this biz.

Rgds
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Good to see that you are serious about this..
Back to top Go down
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 pm

Sounds kinda like freelance sales to me.
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:42 pm

I prefer to define Network marketing as 'guan xi'. MLM is MLM - to me it is quite different.
I meet many people across my social circle and work environment. I keep a tab on what these people do and their family background. They are my network. Every now and then we'll keep in touch through phone/emai/lunches to keep our data updated. You never know if the course of your business/career, you will need to consult a lawyer, or a school teacher, or you may need them to connect you somewhere......etc.

I learned that most effective sales/business are referred, even jobs.

The most needed attitude in net working is sincerity.
The most needed skill in net-working is keeping things updated and keeps connecting people. (could be tiring and time-consuming).
Networking does not work with either less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.sg/ES-BoutiQue
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Agreed about the referred customer.

Referred customers are more likely to buy, because they had a personal friend be a 'testimony' for the product/service.
Back to top Go down
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:42 pm

And referred customer like relatives are more supportive of your product too, although they may not help refer it to another person, them buying 1 from you is a start.
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 am

I felt that network marketing is not entirely on selling products. I see it as more of a sharing the opportunity and a product.

If the other party is not interested, it could be that he might not need it currently. Therefore, this biz should not be hard selling, although there is a certain level of follow ups with a prospect.

Hard selling are often the main reason why most ppl have negative sentiment towards network marketing biz.
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 am

Hi Everyone,

Although not many ppl are participating in this thread, I felt obliged to contd sharing my insights and things that I have research so far on network marketing The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Icon_smile

I read 2 books recently by Robert Allen's Multiple Streams of Income and Robert Kiyosaki's Business School. Both endorses network marketing.

Since after today's meetup, we discussed Jean Yip's franchising biz. Hence I am taking this opportunity to share abt the comparison of franchising and network marketing and why the latter is so much better!

Franchising
1. Large upfront franchising fees
2. Leasing office/retail space
3. Hiring, training, managing employees
4. Stockpiling, inventorying products
5. Shipping / Delivering products
6. Locked into retail biz hrs
7. Linear Income (you must be present)
8. High overheads

Network Marketing
1. Small initial distribution fees
2. Work from home
3. Recruiting, training others
4. Little or no inventory
5. Company ships products directly to customers
6. Flexible hrs
7. Potential for residual income using power of leverage
8. Low overheads

This is adapted from Robert Allen's book.

I will contd to share. Hope we are keeping an open mind and learning something everyday The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:06 pm

I have spoken to Wealth Creator.

It seems like the network he joined is pretty good in the sense that there is no "hard-sell". It is more free and easy.

Most people have bad impression of MLM because of lousy sales-man who join MLM and hard sell others.
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi guys,

I hope with this thread, ppl are not mistaken by my intention. I am not here to promote network marketing biz. I am inclined to encourage ppl to open up their minds in everything, esp for entrepreneurs. The very basic definition of entrepreneurship has some form of being 'adventurous' and the courage to try out everything...

The fact that I went into this biz is that it offered the most important thing a successful person needs, which is the education, and also the most important skills sets one needs to be equipped with, the 'sales' skill.

In addition, I want to personally experience why network marketing is one of the longest industry around? Why biz such network marketing giants, such as Amway have been notching historical sales results year after year, if it is really that bad.

The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 am

It is always good to try new strategy to understand how the mechanics works. Unfortunately it is not me to try out network marketing. But I do hope if you are interested in this strategy, implement it for your own business one day rather than joining one will be great...
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:35 am

Yaps,

U are right. I did plan to use whatever I learnt in my future biz....
I think why I am in it right now, because to be part of it, then you will be able to learn the most, since you are actually doing it and not just hearing from someone...
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi all,

It has been some time since I last posted in this thread. The reason is I have been immersing myself in a network marketing company so that I can learn the ropes and the true values of network marketing.

From now on, I will be contributing some of the knowledge I have picked up so that everybody can have a better understanding of network marketing. Pls note that I am not here to persuade ppl to join me. Those in the forum who knows me and met me can vouch that I have never 'hard sell' to them to join me. I am writing all these so that those who read this can have a better understanding of this great opportunity, and hopefully more ppl can achieve their goals through network marketing.

I understand that not many ppl reply or contribute to this thread mainly because of the perceptions on MLM biz. Nevertheless, I will contd my best to educate all of us. What I ask for is you take some time to read my thread. Tks.

I will start my 1st educational thread in the next mesage as this is getting too long...hehe
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 am

1st Value of Network Marketing: True Equal Opportunity.

This might seems ridiculous to a lot of ppl as most will have the perceptions that whoever joins earlier in an MLM biz gets the most benefit.

I must say that most network marketing biz has an open door policy. This is also the main reason why many con men, hustlers, get-rich-quick artists are attracted to this biz and contributed to the public's negative perception in this biz.

After personally joining one (good) MLM company (I actually went to look for one, rather they recruited me....strange right), I found that I met leaders who are the most kind, patient and professional people. MLM is a biz with a heart and a deep caring for people. If you find a good MLM company, you will realise that they are a compassionate biz. If you are willing to stick it out, learn and study at your own pace, the biz will contd to stick by your side even as you make mistakes along the way. Try that out in most traditional biz and you will find yourself booted out within a few months Smile

Good network marketing companies are truly equal opportunity biz. If you invest time and effort, so will they. It is a biz where ppl wants everyone wants to 'pull' everyone to the top, whereas traditional biz (are truly pyramid structures) could not have such a system as there could only be that few managers, or one GM or CEO at the top.

Today, many network marketing biz are spreading economic opportunities all over the world, allowing a chance for the poor and middle-class people to have a shot in starting their own biz at a low cost and at their own time. This has brought financial hope to millions of people. It is also this equal opportunity that people can have to enjoy a rich and abundant life, rather than to spend their lives working hard only to make the rich richer.

Which is why network marketing biz gives true equal opportunities to people from all walks of lives.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 am

Any updates on your side, WealthCreator????
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi inle,

You mean why am I not updating the values of network marketing? Oh, I have been busy at work. Besides, I am not too sure whether anyone reads this thread. At least now I know that someone is still reading Smile
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:31 am

Hi Everyone,

Wishing all chinese a Happy Lunar New Year Smile

It has been a while since I last add to this thread. Well today, I will be writing on the 2nd Value of Network Marketing.

2nd Value: Life-Changing Business Education

"My company has the best compensation plan, or my company has the best products". I am sure a lot of ppl have heard of these phrases before. However, whenever we choose a network marketing company, we should not be looking at these 2 factor. While I am not implying that these are not important, I am saying that there is another more important part to look at, cos it is (I think) the most important factor in getting yourself in network marketing.

It is the EDUCATION that MLM company can bring to you and everyone of us. A caveat to this point is that although most MLM companies boast of their education plans, there are some whose education plans are not that fantastic. One has to be very clear of what to look for in education.

Some of the more important real life biz subjects that MLM companies teach are:
1. An attitude of success.
2. Leadership skills.
3. Communication skills.
4. People skills.
5. Overcoming personal fears, doubts and lack of confidence.
6. Overcoming the fear of rejection.
7. Money management skills.
8. Investing skills.
9 Time Managment skills.
10. Goal setting.
11. Dressing for success.

I cannot think of any business/career/industry that teaches all these skills except MLM biz. Really, think abt it. Even if you do not succeed in a MLM biz, if, by learning all (or most of) these skills, will you become a better person? Will you become a better entrepreneur? I am sure you would! This is what we meant by life changing education.

Personally, I have benefitted a lot from MLM biz. Often, I share with my wife skills sets and knowledge that my MLM company teaches. My wife who is in sales, often told me that whatever I have learnt, cost a bomb, if I do learn all this outside. But guess what, I learnt all these for FREE and I get to revise as and when I like, with a mentor by your side to guide you! Try asking for all these in outside companies. More often than not, after a certain sales training, you will be left alone to master it. Of course, there are still good companies who teaches great skills to their employees Smile

In conclusion, I leave you with this quote:"The question is not what you earn today. The question is, Is your job training you to earn over $1million a year or more? if not, you amy want to seek better education".
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 am

Just for interest sake, which MLM company are you with, WealthCreator????
I think I miss out on that....
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 am

Hi inle,

I am currently with Naturally Plus from Japan. The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks for getting back to me....

What is "Naturally Plus"???? Perhaps you can share with us....
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi,

Naturally Plus is a network marketing company from Japan.

Some information on the company:
1. It is currently the 29th network marketing company in the world (based on 2008 earnings) after starting their operation in 4 countries: Japan (from 1999), Taiwan (2003), Hong Kong (2007), Singapore (2008). Now we have another office in KL, Malaysia (2010), and we have another office in Indonesia this year.
2. It has achieved an annual turnover of USD$350 millions with just a SINGLE product, Super Lutein to become the Top 5 network marketing company in the highly competitive Japan.
3. Currently, Super Lutein is the top selling Nutritional Health Product in the world.
4. It is tipped as the next Amway, as they plan to expand into 120 countries in the next 100 years.
5. Just do a search in youtube on "super lutein" and you will find numerous testimonials on this product.
6. With this product, I am confident of improving people's eyesight and health in just 40 mins.

Hope these info suffice as some background knowledge Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING   The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING Empty

Back to top Go down

The advantages of network marketing. And why ppl WANTS and LOVE NETWORK MARKETING

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Network Marketing -