Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. Vide
PostSubject: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Here's the deal..

We are newer..
We are smaller..
We do not have the capacity for bulk purchases..
We do not have the loyality of the customers that the Big Players have built over the years, even generations..
In fact, we seem to be fighting with a great monopoly which has roots deep till the centre of the earth..

We cant outlast or outfight to win...

How can we OUTSMART them?
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:24 pm

I think one point for small companies is to tell the clients that: "since we are small, you as one of our first customers, we will be dedicated to solve your problems".
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Good thinking..
Go personalize and get personalized..

This will also meant better rapport and also better customer service..
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:48 am

I once met an MNC customer who had been taking IT service from a big IT company. The customer ask "my current vendor has 75 engineers, how can you be better in service with a team of 3 engineers". I challenge them by asking them to contact the vendor to quote them on their requirements while I still need to drive back to office to prepare the same quote (giving the other vendor more time to work on the quote). Within 2 hours, I have the quote drafted and sent to them, whereas the other current vendor who knows their system took 2 days to reach them. The customer was impress over the efficiency that I emphasize to them when I had the meeting with them. This customer had been with us since then (about 6 years now).

Don't just boast about your service, prove it to you customer that you are different!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 2:00 am

We are smaller..
Meaning we are also faster and have the ablity to react faster..
This is a case of taking advantage of the situation and opportunity to our best..

Good move, amcpl1..

At the same time, if we become bigger, will we be slower as well?
Or how can we ensure that this won't happen to us?
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 2:05 am

When we becomes bigger, new strategy has to be in place. You need to make good use of your strength to be big yet efficient. This has got to do with management method. The higher the hirarchy, the slower you becomes. So must keep your management efficient and reporting minimum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 am

To side track a bit from marketing:

From one of the previous project I was in last year, there is a main decision maker, followed by a team of directors & senior managers, followed by junior managers, supervisiors, followed by the executives & normal working staff..

There are four levels here..
And we are facing some issues already..
Yes, it is tough to implement a successful management system that is equally effective..

By end of this year, I will be able to master that and add in to my business skills besides marketing..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..   How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players.. Empty

Back to top Go down

How do we Survive and Thrive with the Competitions from the Big Players..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Marketing, Sales and PR -