Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

I just found out an interesting fact.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

I just found out an interesting fact. Vide
PostSubject: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:09 am

Apparently, Mircosoft, CNN, FedEx, Disney, General Electric (GE) and Burger King were all set up in during recessions or bear markets.

Not too sure if its true, but its pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:26 am

Hmm, never knew that, maybe they took the chance to set up business while things were going cheap.
Back to top Go down
shopaholic

shopaholic

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 am

Oh really? Well, these companies are corporate giants now. Their revenues and ability to churn profits have been tested by time and proven to survive. Given that the hardest part of setting up a business is getting past the initial stage, the fact that they have been set up during bad times proves their ability to ride the current economic crisis. Smile
Back to top Go down
thomash

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Best time to start an empire apparently ;-)
Back to top Go down
Rey

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:32 am

Well, the golden rule of investing is High risk, High gain. So no surprise. There may be these few big names that rose through the bear market, but I'm sure many others sank...
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am

Rey wrote:
Well, the golden rule of investing is High risk, High gain. So no surprise. There may be these few big names that rose through the bear market, but I'm sure many others sank...

That's true. The people always think of the big names, so much so you'd never really consider how many of those companies that started in the bear markets acutally survived. There could be millions more that started and failed during bear markets than bull markets.

But hey, if they made it, means there's a possibility for a business set up during this recession to survive.
Back to top Go down
Blacknight
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Blacknight

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Its a recession now! Let's see what big giant comes up this time round.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:35 pm

There is a big giant coming up! It's called SSuF!

afro

Thanks for your support.
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 12:04 am

SSuF Admin wrote:

That's true. The people always think of the big names, so much so you'd never really consider how many of those companies that started in the bear markets acutally survived. There could be millions more that started and failed during bear markets than bull markets.

But hey, if they made it, means there's a possibility for a business set up during this recession to survive.

king Yes its true those giants started in the recession.
Personally i think if its an innovative idea, the recession is the best time to refresh the market. it brings a ray of sunshine to the economy.

Rey wrote:

1) Risk. There always is risk. The secret to life is reducing risk. All of life is dangerous - everyone dies eventually. The greatest risk is the risk of risk-less living - Paragraph courtesy of James Skinner.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Agreed, there is always risk. Risk in both the bull and bear times.

In bear times there is risk of too little demand and too much supply.

In bull times there is risk of competition and barriers to entry.

Thus, always some form of risk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just found out an interesting fact.   I just found out an interesting fact. Empty

Back to top Go down

I just found out an interesting fact.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: General Business, Business Scene in Singapore -