Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

Intellectual Property

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Niks

Intellectual Property Vide
PostSubject: Intellectual Property   Intellectual Property EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi guys, regarding Intellectual Property. Is there any way to protect or "copyright" your business idea? As i know name of the company, logo, tagline can be protected Intellectual Property Icon_smile thanks
Back to top Go down
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property   Intellectual Property EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 am

I think its called copyright or patent. These 2 are the closest i know of.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property   Intellectual Property EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:22 am

Trademark, you meant????

Thinking of it, it will be impossible to protect your business idea or business model....
You see, there are billions of people around the world....
What you have thought of, might be someone else's brain child already....
Perhaps in the other parts of the world and even here....

The difference is who took the first step first and how who do what at what stage and who can outlast....
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property   Intellectual Property EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:25 pm

If your talking about buisness ideas, the idea itself cannot be protected by copyright law.

the idea is that copyright protects tangible things. An invention or a logo, which are tangible, can be protected. But an idea, being intangible is not.

Don't let that stop you from sharng ideas with others. Make sure they are people you trust or aren't interested in using ideas for themselves. Second opinions can help shape your idea into something better, and cover any loopholes.

Does that answer your question? You can ask me more about copyright law because i studied it in poly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property   Intellectual Property Empty

Back to top Go down

Intellectual Property

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: General Business, Business Scene in Singapore -