Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
alicelim2003

Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm Vide
PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 am

hi
Back to top Go down
alicelim2003

PostSubject: business partners difficult to find   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 am

Laughing No just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm
Back to top Go down
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Whats your question actually?
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 pm

To some people, they think that
mlm is pyramid selling
mlm is selling
mlm is buying products upfront
mlm is locking into a buying pattern/behaviour

Hope that explains why people don't want to join mlm. And if want them to join MLM, these are basically some of the things you need to address before you can win them over.

Last edited by esthersoh on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.sg/ES-BoutiQue
wigglys

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 pm

To esthersoh, i totally disagree with what you said about MLM.
1st there's a difference between Pyramid & MLM. MLM is legal, for your info Amway's building is directly facing CPIB's. (if you know what CPIB stands for). MLM is not a job instead it's a business with low start up capital, & only talented people will be able to succeed in it. So my advise, get your facts right before posting false & misleading allegations.
Back to top Go down
wigglys

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:17 pm

By the way, you yourself do MLM. Think about it. Everyone does MLM. Its whether we are smart enough to realize it or not?
Back to top Go down
4Life

PostSubject: Sad....   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:31 pm

It is sad when people do not understand about mlm.

To start with:

1) It is a business with a low start up capital and is supposed to bring in passive income. NOT a JOB.

2) MLM is legal as long as not in pyramid. There is a DIFFERENCE between Network Marketing and Pyramid Scheme. (Esther, know your facts before penning down your comments)

3) Selling is passe....Only few companies do not ask people to go out and sell coz I am not a sales person.

4) With income from your passive stream, it allows u to go shopping and browsing in Taka or wherever u want.

5) Illiteracy is pardonable but ignorance is intolerable.

MAIN REASONS PEOPLE DO NOT JOIN MLM.

People are IGNORANT.
People spreads their ignorance around.
People are aplenty and their mouth talks more than they listen and faster than the mind can analyse.

Word of Wisdom
2 ears, 1 mouth. Listen more. Talk less!

No harm intended. Just stating facts. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

Last edited by 4Life on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Alicelim2003 wanted to know why, so I stated. I could edit it to make sure I am not stating a fact but give an opinion. I personally know MLM companies like Amway, NuLife, Sunrider. I use some of their products.
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:57 pm

4Life wrote:

To start with:

1) It is a business with a low start up capital and is supposed to bring in passive income. NOT a JOB.

2) MLM is legal as long as not in pyramid. There is a DIFFERENCE between Network Marketing and Pyramid Scheme. (Esther, know your facts before penning down your comments)

3) Selling is passe....Only few companies do not ask people to go out and sell coz I am not a sales person.

4) With income from your passive stream, it allows u to go shopping and browsing in Taka or wherever u want.

People are IGNORANT and think like Esther Soh.
People like Esther Soh spreads her ignorance around.
People like Esther Soh are aplenty and their mouth talks more than they listen and faster than the mind can analyse.

Word of Wisdom

That fact is the people you are talking to about MLM are ignorant and there is alot of education you need to do with them.
Please don't get frustrate at people who are ignorant - that gives you a chance to explain to them what MLM is about.

Also, ignorance cannot be spread. If I know what I am ignorant of; then, I am not ignorant.
Back to top Go down
4Life

PostSubject: Network marketing   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Like i said. No harm intended and stating facts. That was why I offered to share with you what exactly it is.

I hate mlm companies trying to force people to sell and get into their memberships just like many others.

So I won't force you to join or so on. Just a sharing session to empower you with deeper knowledge on this industry that our then PM Goh actually agree to in early 2000. It is stated that this can be built as a 2nd income to Singaporeans as we are of a higher affluence nation and costs are rising.

If I hurt you in any way,I apologize for my rough words. Please accept my apology as I am a normal human being.
Back to top Go down
4Life

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

esthersoh wrote:
4Life wrote:

To start with:

People are IGNORANT and think like Esther Soh.
People like Esther Soh spreads her ignorance around.
People like Esther Soh are aplenty and their mouth talks more than they listen and faster than the mind can analyse.

Word of Wisdom

That fact is the people you are talking to about MLM are ignorant and there is alot of education you need to do with them.
Please don't get frustrate at people who are ignorant - that gives you a chance to explain to them what MLM is about.

Also, ignorance cannot be spread. If I know what I am ignorant of; then, I am not ignorant.

Like i said. No harm intended and stating facts. That was why I offered to share with you what exactly it is.

I hate mlm companies trying to force people to sell and get into their memberships just like many others.

So
I won't force you to join or so on. Just a sharing session to empower
you with deeper knowledge on this industry that our then PM Goh
actually agree to in early 2000. It is stated that this can be built as
a 2nd income to Singaporeans as we are of a higher affluence nation and
costs are rising.

If I hurt you in any way,I apologize for my rough words. Please accept my apology as I am a normal human being.
Back to top Go down
diz
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Just to share some personal experience.

I did mlm before but was not successful not because i not a sale person or a business person. But because i have realise that i have no passion in the product and service the mlm is offering me even though the business plan or sale benefit is great.

If there is no passion in the particular mlm business plan or sale plan or product, it will be difficult to be successful regardless how powerful or talented ur mentor can be.

Ultimately you are the only one who determine whether you will be succesful or not.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 am

An ethically run MLM network, in some ways is similar to a conventional business. According to conventional businesses, the failure rate of start-ups is 90%.

Thus, if you apply it to MLM type of businesses, it will also be likely that many member of the MLM network will not make money or 'fail' in some other way.

The 'failure' rate for MLM members is unknown, although I would assume using the 80/20 rule, meaning that roughly 80% of these members would 'fail'.

We all know what happens when people fail. Some blame others. Some take the "once bitten twice shy attitude". Thus, judging by the number of people I know personally who scoff at MLM, it might be that the 'failure' rate for MLM members might be more than 80%.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
ahlong

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:33 am

For what i see,i also join mlm company before,It is a great experience for one to learn on how to do business,and have a group of fantastic friends which u knew at there ,but all boiled down to 1 thing.
Do you have any PASSION in doing MLM.If you have Passion and this is your goals in life,wanting to be in MLM industry,you will be successful.I see it as a awareness and go there to network with people who has great psychology.

If money is what u pursuing in life ,without clarity in your goals,and the Values in life you will end up chasing only money,and even if u attain it ,you will not be happy.
I suppose Happiness is what every human is pursuing.And so understand yourself ,from what i see in overall summary MLM company is great for training for entrepreneur ,and making friends that are positive.And after which pursuing things that you desire ,should be the way to your own success.

Lu Jun Long
www.ustradingdiary.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.ustradingdiary.com
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:01 pm

Esther is just answering to what she feels. She is not stating any fact. Do get it right. You may want to preach your MLM concept against all perception. But don't conclude that people are ignorant here. You might be the one ignorant of facts.

I hope to see respect among professionals here. We are here to share our thoughts and experience.

Don't dream that income will just come in... Work for it!

I am neutral, though I NEVER belief in MLM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
Sifu
Wise Old Man
Sifu

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 am

Well said contributions from sunspore and amcpl1. MLM is for for those with tons of passion, determination, perseverance and a very strong network. I have seen many who joined and many dropped out along the way. There are many of MLM coy out there. They approached students at MRT to join. These students have limited friends and limited buying power. Some of these products are not cheap. Who benefits in the end?
Back to top Go down
ahlong

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:06 pm

i think is normal,normally young ppl has more energy,and more unawareness about mlm,but it is a experience for one to grown,as i see,not that really bad,most people not able to make money most of the time as in limited network and too does not have perverence because simply who has the passion to be in mlm .i don't think so .

And MLM just is another sale channel ,other type of channel basically also work the similar with other channel.so no much big different.just that keep an open mind,and aware of some company or person cheating others people money,always see whether there is an product and services,and whether the company is definitely not an ponzi scheme company.And you must fully understand how to company function and how they earn money.
Just treat it as you are investing on the company ,that all.

Lu Jun Long
www.ustradingdiary.com
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 am

Hi,

I have a different perspective towards Network Marketing.

Firstly, network marketing possess several criterias in a business:
1. Leverage: The multi level networks provide a platform to train other people to work for me. This allow a system where you need not always be around physically and the busines cont to run.
2. Control: Every network marketing biz have a protected system which allows the distributor the rights to sell. No other ppl can sell unless they are part of the biz.
3. Creativity: This biz allow certain creativity in the way you look for prospects and partners (I dont see ppl as buyers but rather as partners in a biz).
4. Expandability: Good network marketing allow the biz to grow indefinitely.
5. Predicatability: The income is rather predictable if you do what is required of you. Its a great source of passive income.

Other advantages:
1. It allows sales skills to be polished. Most network biz actually train ppl in the sales and presentation skills for free. They also provide opportunities for you to stand in front of large group of ppl and 'sell' your products.
2. Meet like-minded ppl as you expand your network biz.
3. Network biz allows u to start a biz with little money upfront and they are patient.

I do not see network marketing biz as a pyramid. Most companies are actually pyramids, with the big boss or CEO at the very top and staff at the lower levels. Most ppl are inside these companies. They just dont know that they are in a 'pyramid' Smile

Network marketing business, on the contrary are 'inverse pyramid'. They want to see you succeed at the top. Think abt it, which company are eager to 'pull' u up the ranks and wants u to be successful? Only our so called MLM companies do that Smile

My five cents worth.

Rgds
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:53 am

Whoa, your post is 5 cents worth. 3 cents more than usual.

I really think we all should look at MLM objectively, like lay down the advantages, and disadvantages, compared with a traditional business.

Just to reconfirm, pyramid scheme is not MLM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
ahlong

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:35 am

Pyramid scheme,hmmmmmm,actually everything is pyramid scheme ,where in the hell got organisation with leaders earning lesser than employee,so every organisation is a pyramid,but in the sense are the business with good ethics or not.And too in my opinion it is just different style of sale channel .
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:43 am

Correct, most business are pyramid, is just how you see it. Bottomline, any business which earns and generates income, esp passive income without your physical presence is a good business. Network marketing business falls under this category.

Actually, if we bother to look up Network Marketing in Google or library, most gurus and experts actually RECOMMENDS it, e.g. Robert Kiyosaki, and Donald Trump!.

I think only Singaporeans have negative comments on network marketing concept, perhaps due to bad experiences previously.

My 2 cents worth Smile
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:52 am

MLM or whatever network marketing, you are part of a sales person on commission. Unless you are starting a business and would like to deploy network marketing as a concept, let us discuss more business ideas and issues in this forum and not change the focus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:22 am

I am not into MLM or against MLMs, but I got approached several time to join..

Surely there are good & bad companies..
Surely there are good & bad sales reps..
The perception of MLMs in Singapore is rather bad due to black sheeps & black companies in the trade..
Product Pushing, Misrepresentation, Scheming Recruitment Techniques, Scams etc are percieved as norm in the MLM industry & so people will link it up to Pyramid Scheme..

Another similar phenomenon is the Insurance Industry..

However, I do think that network marketing is just a different sales distribution channel of the company..

When I mentioned this "sales channel" thought to one of my friends în a MLM company about this, I got challenged that they are doing their own business..

I then asked:
So your company is a Private Limited or what?
So how do you create your sales & marketing plan?
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Sure, I cant change most of our perception. But I think network marketing is a great way to start something and at the same time learn an important skill set, which is SELLING.

I am currently not into any network marketing biz, but I am looking for one.

I am sure that I can succeed in this biz. Its a proven concept and I have done my research. Its amazing stream of passive incomes. I am definitely adding this stream in my portfolio of passive incomes. Maybe when I am successful, then I will share with you guys my great journey in network marketing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 pm

Yap..
Getting in MLM, insurance, property & any sales positions will surely train you in sales..
& that skill is one of the most important skills in business..

Any system that works for you will be good for you..
I got a handful of my associates who are veterans in MLMs..

If you need help, maybe I can refer one of them to you..
Then you guys see how all of you can add value to each other..

I wish you success, Wealth Creator..
Maybe you can start a thread about your understanding of MLMs..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm   Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm Empty

Back to top Go down

Just to noe why many ppl dun wan to join mlm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Network Marketing -