Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
whitelion

Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook Vide
PostSubject: Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:58 pm

i had met up with a global wholesaler/importer/exporter of second laptops/netbook..after some research (cost, market price, profit margin, etc) i found it very profitable both in local market and export market especially to third world countries.but the catch is they only accept payment in TT (from overseas buyers) and cash, and they only entertain interested retailers/entrepreneur who buy in bulk.
if anyone interested to venture in this, i suggest we buy together in bulk, hence we will have leverage in bargaining the best price.

or if u have other biz ideas or need collaboration/partnership, i'm keen to sit down and discuss...
cheers to site creator!!
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Thank you.

What is 'TT' by the way?

Most big companies want to deal with private limiteds.

I experienced that before trying to sell emergency equipment to a bank. In the end, I "borrowed" my friend's company's name.

He incorporated his company, and even had an address. I just used his company name and address in the invoice.

You could try that too.

Your idea here with the 2nd hand laptops is to buy them in bulk and sell them to third world countries?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 pm

I think thats what a lot of the handphone shops are doing, they buy your second hand phones cheap then they sell it over in the third world countries. Like theres so many of them in the streets. They are small businesses that never seem to have a lot of customers and yet they are making profits. The difference is in your case, you are doing it for laptops, which might be more expensive. Yeah, Cheers to the site creator!
Back to top Go down
whitelion

PostSubject: second hand   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:15 pm

TT means telegraphic transfer

fyi, traded second hand goods are not really came from Singapore end-users. the bulk of this trade comes from Japan and US. i have seen the stocks myselves.
importer/exporter is just using Singapore for transhipment. that what make our ports, warehouses and logistics business alive.

have anyone done this before?
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:01 am

This idea of first world countries' (Japan) second hand goods, traded to third world countries sounds interesting.

Since the third world nations do not need the latest equipment, and also since second hand goods are cheaper, it creates a win win situation for both parties.

I only heard about this first world to third world idea regarding second hand bicycles. 2nd hand bicycles from Japan, get shipped to Indonesia.

Hopefully someone else here has more experience in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 pm

I seen the handphones business doing that..

What's the margin for laptops?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook   Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Export or Local Retail of Second hand laptop/netbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Looking for Capital, Business Partners, or Mentors -