Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? Vide
PostSubject: What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????   What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Recently, I was offered to partner/profit-sharing & to hold a small stake (no more than 20%) in a new start-up in Europe, in exchange of a certain value and proposition that I will be creating for them..

What do I need to look out for, especially the company and its operations is primarily based in Europe where I could not be overseeing it and checking it personally..
What extra terms and condtions should I be taking caution of to ensure the fairness and with no or little hiccups at all..
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????   What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 pm

Good luck with that!

Maybe you can use Skype to get updates on how the business is progressing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????   What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 pm

I am also concerned about the administration work that I will need to look out for prior signing on the dotted line..

It will be good if we can protect both our interests in the process of running things together..
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????   What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 am

The risk of oversea business venture is undoubtedly higher than any business done local. At least it will only take you 1 hour to reach anywhere to find out for yourself about the business. To reach Europe, it takes you at least 24 hours including booking of air ticket and air time to reach. However market size and opportunity of oversea business is likewise much bigger.

It is best to disclaim from too much responsibility as you are not there. Choose to be shareholder and not director is one good way. Take it as an investment. Be prepare to lost your investment as you have no control.

Saying that does not mean you don't do anything, but do more to take care of your investment by constant updates of market situation and company operations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????   What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas???? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to look out for in a Parnership/Profit-Sharing Venture with a Company based in overseas????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Looking for Capital, Business Partners, or Mentors -