Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

start-up tax

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Brian

start-up tax Vide
PostSubject: start-up tax   start-up tax EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

I would like to know what are the tax incentives/ concessions/ exemptions for new start-up companies in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

start-up tax Vide
PostSubject: Re: start-up tax   start-up tax EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 am

I know of a consultant who does that for companies....
Let me know if you are keen to get together ya....
Back to top Go down
susanjain

start-up tax Vide
PostSubject: Re: start-up tax   start-up tax EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Brian wrote:
I would like to know what are the tax incentives/ concessions/ exemptions for new start-up companies in Singapore.

New tax incentives for Singapore start-up private limited companies have been introduced since 2005. It is said that these incentives are meant to support entrepreneurship and to help foster growth of SMEs. However, to be eligible for the tax incentives the startup must satisfy certain qualifying conditions viz.
1. The company must be incorporated in Singapore,
2. The company must be a tax resident of Singapore and
3. The company must have no more than 20 shareholders of which at least one is an individual shareholder holding at least 10% of shares.

Such startups will be taxed as follows:
1. For each of its first three consecutive tax years - corporate tax rate of 0% on the first S$100,000 of taxable income and 9% (partial exemption) tax rate on the next S$200,000 of taxable income. The taxable income above S$300,000 will be charged at the normal headline corporate tax rate of 17%.

2. From the fourth tax year onwards - 9% tax rate on taxable income of upto S$300,000 per annum. The taxable income above S$300,000 will be charged at the normal headline corporate tax rate of 17%.

For more information, look up Singapore Corporate Income Tax Guide or the IRAS website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

start-up tax Vide
PostSubject: Re: start-up tax   start-up tax Empty

Back to top Go down

start-up tax

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Starting a new business? -