Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

Where do all the network marketing products come from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

Where do all the network marketing products come from? Vide
PostSubject: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:09 am

I was wondering where do the network marketing prodcuts come from. I heard it was, Singaporean Businessman meets XYZ country Businessman. SG Businessman brings in the product and sets up MLM system of marketing.

Is this the only way?

Also, in the country where the product is from, "XYZ country", is the product also sold MLM style? Who did the R&D to come up with such a product anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
eLaugher

eLaugher

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Seen those kind of products from Japan before. But how it came here, have no idea.

Not even sure if they sell the same thing in Japan.
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:02 pm

There is something to sell at least(not the best), for mlm. A lingerie, a limited edition coin, or health products. These products are produced in XYZ country. They don't use the traditional way of selling such as using advertisement. They use the mlm system. Different levels of sale people and each earning a commission from each level. Instead of spending the $$ in advertising, they pay the sales man.
It works like the insurance products ; just that insurance products one 1-2 level of agents. MLM has many levels, usually more than 3.

What I 'hate' about networking is the one that says 'home data entry jobs' ? Big spam. The only thing you learn is how to sell the 'chance of getting a home data entry jobs'. That chance cost USDXXX.

Last edited by esthersoh on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammatical error)
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.sg/ES-BoutiQue
Blacknight
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Blacknight

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 am

I see what you mean. Not all mlm are ethical, but they do make money.

I hear that in other countries with mlm, where the mlm come from, the members are entitled to pretty good training programmes. I didn't see that here. Anyone seen good training for mlm members in Singapore?
Back to top Go down
FireBlazen
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
FireBlazen

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Me being a business noob, i really dont see how anyone can be willing to join such a business. The products get sold from salesman to salesman, nobody uses it (I wonder if it expires) . And the guy at the bottom of all the layers get all the products stuck on him with no one to sell to.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 pm

There are people willing to join. If you join early, and be at the top of the 'layers' of "sales people" as you say, then it will be making money for you. Can't say the same for those at the bottom however.

I believe people do use the products, if not, the mlm companies wouldn't be able to make money.

I also believe that most of the products actually do work. It is just that most people are not good sales persons, therefore most people have bad impressions of mlm and its products.

Also, I have yet to see a good training programme implemented in Singapore mlm companies. Most of these "programmes" are to motivate the members to sell more.
Back to top Go down
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:00 am

It's about the $ you can make from the scheme.
But the scheme is not for everyone, not all can get used
to doing sales and stuff, and not all are hardworking enough to see the $.

Anyways, give a clue here,
get some outsource factory to produce a product
that is approved by authority in SG for safety,
meeting all legal and safety required by SG,
put on your own brand on such product,
you get your products for MLM.

You need a company to carry out your MLM activity
as according to the law required,
and a computer system to
track all your various levels,
so as to calculate commissions for your
people.

That's what I know about MLM
in a nutshell Smile
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 3:14 am

That's for someone starting a MLM company.

Still, old business principles apply. Need to test the market with the product/samples of product.
Back to top Go down
Wealth Creator
Talented Junior
Talented Junior
Wealth Creator

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:19 am

Hi,

It seems like this thread has died down...hehe.

Anyway, I think most of you have bad experience or have friends who have bad experience in MLM. I acknowledged all these cos I think there are really bad sheeps in every field.

If I may, clarify some stuff here to my best knowledge.
1. I am in a network marketing biz, so you might say I am biased. Nevertheless, I would say that there are good MLM companies which offer good education. I do give my inputs in another thread in this forum on the values of network marketing. If you are interested, do refer to them and see whether it makes sense. We are all learning mah...hehe
2. The point on: once you join a company early means that you can earn more is not correct. If a company is as such, then it is not a good company. It must offer equal opportunity to all, regardless of when you join them. The amount you earn should depend on the group/personal sales that your network is generating. If it is not, it is likely that it is a ponzi scheme.
3. It is actually illegal (under the Direct Selling law of Singapore) for networkers who ask you to purchase huge stock of products in an attempt to sell it away in future. This is not the spirit of network marketing. If you do encounter this approach, be wary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do all the network marketing products come from?   Where do all the network marketing products come from? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do all the network marketing products come from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Network Marketing -