Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

Getting GST Registered

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
sloh

Getting GST Registered Vide
PostSubject: Getting GST Registered   Getting GST Registered EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I am new here and needs some help, i am getting myself GST registered as i don't want to absorb the GST into my cost, filled up all the necessary paperwork but was rejected, as i did not have supporting documents that i can prove that my revenue is more than 1mil.

But i cannot predict the future, if i can have >1million revenue, what kind of document should i submit?

Quotations?
Contracts? (Still in nego cannot confirm)

Any kind soul can help me out here?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Getting GST Registered   Getting GST Registered EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 pm

In fact you have to apply as volunteer registration and state that your revenue will not exceed 1M. They can accept that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
sloh

PostSubject: Re: Getting GST Registered   Getting GST Registered EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am

ok let me try that, in fact i am going to submit a quotation from a vendor to "prove" that i "might" have 1 million revenue.

Let me see how it goes and update again.
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Getting GST Registered   Getting GST Registered EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:04 am

Quotation from vendor does not prove you have 1 million turnover. Is your quotation to customer that proof. Is definitely a go ahead if you tell them you are registering on a volunteer basis. You may want to call them to clarify as these days government sectors are quite friendly and helpful. Just a call away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
sloh

PostSubject: Re: Getting GST Registered   Getting GST Registered EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Amcpl1, thanks, i am in the process of faxing over the documents. In fact they have considered me as voluntary basis but still need some form of documents to get things going.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting GST Registered   Getting GST Registered Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting GST Registered

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Starting a new business? -