Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs

Welcome Entrepreneurs of Singapore. Have questions about starting a business? Looking for a business partner or a Mentor? You've come to the right place.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookmark and Share

Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
diz
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. Vide
PostSubject: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:20 pm

I am very keen in doing startup and have a lot of innovatives idea, but doing alone can be very tiring.

A bit of my background, i currently working as an engineer and into my final year of degree in NUS. Doing my final year project in Robotics soon. and have been working in the quality and failure analyzing industry for the past 5 year.

Perviously i have also been a tutor and an eBay/Yahoo auction seller.

I will share more about my passion further in start up.

Hoepfully we can eventually start up a compelling business idea and plan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Good on you, diz. I also want to start a business.

I actually don't have much idea on what kind of business I want to start. I don't have a team you see, so all my ideas are web based, where the computers work for me, and I could do the business online alone.

The reason I started this forum was to find my team and better yet, a mentor. If you look closely just above the row of buttons (home, FAQ, search, etc.), you can see "Looking for a business partner or a Mentor?" I want to solve both yours and my problem of finding business partners.

Since I am not too sure what business I wanted to start, I was hoping a team member would bring in the idea.

Don't let my lack of ideas fool you. I can improve on an existing idea and I have business expertise too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ssuf.biz
diz
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:06 pm

that is one problem i am facing too.

Finding a team to start up and gain the experience.

If you are keen we can meet up and start with brain storming Smile

Though i may be a first timer in startup. but i have knowledge on product leadership and project/budgeting management ( from class room in NUS )
(i did a theory-based pitching in a module as well Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 am

Meet with you? I would be honoured. Hoever I do suggest we should meet with one or two more people. Maybe Melody, Esther, or chellenger09 or anyone else you know.

Best if there can be a mentor too.

I have posted my personality profile for you and everyone else's convenience. Knowing business partner's personality is essential. You can find mine here: http://www.ssuf.biz/introduce-yourself-f32/personality-and-business-person-types-t91.htm#330
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 am

Finding a partner is one of the most difficult task. I heard of many stories of breakup in partnership and the ordeal they go thru.
Personally I don't jump into the idea of partnership that easily; honestly, if you wait for that to happen you will be always toying with your wonderful business idea and not able to implement.
It is better to start something that is workable first (small scale; pilot test, online, or whatever). Take the learnings from there and do up a business proposal. Present that to potential partners ; neatly list out what you can give and what you want the partner to contribute and see what you can get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.sg/ES-BoutiQue
diz
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:03 pm

esthersoh wrote:
Finding a partner is one of the most difficult task. I heard of many stories of breakup in partnership and the ordeal they go thru.
Personally I don't jump into the idea of partnership that easily; honestly, if you wait for that to happen you will be always toying with your wonderful business idea and not able to implement.
It is better to start something that is workable first (small scale; pilot test, online, or whatever). Take the learnings from there and do up a business proposal. Present that to potential partners ; neatly list out what you can give and what you want the partner to contribute and see what you can get.

This is very true as i have heard from one of my ex classmate in secondary school, that two of them start up a business but in the end break up due to different vision.

i also agree on starting up something manageable for a start.

as the saying goes: "many cooks spoil the brew".

But if it goes well
We can start a networking opportunity session for sme alike haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 pm

I see where you are coming from. But you still want to meet, that can be arranged.

Sad thing is that I am going into army this Oct. It would be hard for me to help out in a start-up business.

I noticed from the personality profiles that we all are *NT* types. Coincidence? Or a trait common among entreprenuers?

Also, we all have different HOTS results. The aim is to form a team with people in total posses all the HOTS traits.
Back to top Go down
esthersoh
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 4:17 pm

NT => Rationals. And they are :

All Rationals (NTs) share the
following core characteristics:

• Rationals tend to be pragmatic,
    skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and
    systems analysis.

• Rationals pride themselves on
    being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.

• Rationals make reasonable mates,
    individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
  • Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for
    achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of
    understanding how the world works.

Rationals are the problem
solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the
many complex systems that make up the world around us. Rationals
might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals,
or in mechanical systems such as railroads and computers, or in
social systems such as families and companies and governments. But
whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to
understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them
work better.
In working with problems, Rationals try to find solutions that
have application in the real world, but they are even more interested
in the abstract concepts involved, the fundamental principles or
natural laws that underlie the particular case. And they are
completely pragmatic about their ways and means of achieving their
ends. Rationals don't care about being politically correct. They are
interested in the most efficient solutions possible, and will listen
to anyone who has something useful to teach them, while disregarding
any authority or customary procedure that wastes time and resources.
Rationals have an insatiable hunger to accomplish their goals and
will work tirelessly on any project they have set their mind to. They
are rigorously logical and fiercely independent in their thinking --
are indeed skeptical of all ideas, even their own -- and they believe
they can overcome any obstacle with their will power. Often they are
seen as cold and distant, but this is really the absorbed
concentration they give to whatever problem they're working on.
Whether designing a skyscraper or an experiment, developing a theory
or a prototype technology, building an aircraft, a corporation, or a
strategic alliance, Rationals value intelligence, in themselves and
others, and they pride themselves on the ingenuity they bring to
their problem solving.
Rationals are very scarce, comprising as little as 5 to 10 percent
of the population. But because of their drive to unlock the secrets
of nature, and to develop new technologies, they have done much to
shape our world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.sg/ES-BoutiQue
diz
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 4:23 pm

5 - 10% of the population made us very rare Surprised
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I am sure you need to have other types of people in a team. It won't be good if all the entrepreneurs are NT types...
Back to top Go down
diz
Talented Junior
Talented Junior

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:12 pm

SSuF Admin wrote:
I see where you are coming from. But you still want to meet, that can be arranged.

Sad thing is that I am going into army this Oct. It would be hard for me to help out in a start-up business.

I noticed from the personality profiles that we all are *NT* types. Coincidence? Or a trait common among entreprenuers?

Also, we all have different HOTS results. The aim is to form a team with people in total posses all the HOTS traits.

ONE BIG ADVICE!! Going army is not the end in LIVING YOUR DREAM!!!
You will have A LOT OF TIME TO THINK and PLAN a business idea Smile

I wasted a lot of time in the past so dun waste yours. I will also suggest borrow books to read also. i have friends who got their driving license and complete their part time degree during their NS. So plan now and dun waste time.

Luckily i going for my in camp training this 11 June lol so i going to do my reading in my spare time there.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Fear not my friend. challenger09, who is an army sign-on, has already given me tips on what to do in NS to improve myself.

I am just saying I be there to help in a physical business. This is also one of the reasons why all of my business ideas currently are web-based, where the computers do the work for me. Because i don't have to, and I don't have the time while in NS to.

I am seeing NS as quite a big hiccup in our lives. But I wouldn't complain, just adapt like you said too, read books in NS. Adapt the "who moved my cheese" way.
Back to top Go down
dontkillme92

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:07 pm

One of my friends recently enrolled into the ns, but he is still persevering in his business well and he takes it like more of a challenge to him on how to manage his time well.
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 am

Wow, if he can do it, so can I! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
cyj

PostSubject: Seeking to build an existing biz team...r u the one?   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:31 am

Just a quick brief of who we are at ExpressINMusic.com : We are a business initiative supported by the government, SPRING Singapore. A platform that connects your needs in delivering your message emotionally through original Music. Be it a couple in love wanting to pen their personal story in a song or a corporate with a branding purpose to touch the hearts of your targeted audience. The unique proposition lies with the highly affordable budget which you post your “Music Request” and have a wide pool of musicians composing specially for you to select. With the personalised song, you can meaningfully deliver your message effectively without the worries of legality issues like copyright infringements too.

We currently look into expanding our business with support from the private sectors. I hope to connect with individuals or SME whom may express interest in this route of entrepreneurship. I sincerely hope to hear from you soon as we are looking to expand our team and also seek funding purposes. Through the expansion of the team, we are open to those with the enterprise spirit who would like to join us in the team too and are looking towards the following:

1.) Designers (both web design and offline collateral)
2.) Sales & Marketing
3.) Music Artistes Management

I hope to talk to interested parties soon and see if we are able to facilitate a meetup. I am reachable at jerry@expressinmusic.com too.
Hear to from you soon. Thank you.

Warmest Regards
Jerry
Back to top Go down
cyj

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 am

i m keen in exploring opportunities and can sense the energy level in this forum thread...indeed finding the right partners and building a solid business team is not easy...but without a team...u r just a solo self-employed person...in business the team makes it grow and propel forward

i look forward to finding the right ones here =) cheers!
Back to top Go down
amcpl1
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Guess you guys are forming up a great team informally. I would like to join in any meetup if you guys don't mind. Hope to learn some new ideas as I should be classified as dinosaurs in brain...
Back to top Go down
http://www.amc.com.sg
cyj

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:04 am

i suggest attending meetup groups like on www.meetup.com specifically in Singapore...i think networking is very important...i often emphasis how much so tt it is no longer what u know...but who u know tt is important...networking sessions such as this: http://www.meetup.com/singapore-entrepreneurs-network/

i personally attend an average of 1-2 networking sessions a week...join me if u can ya? =)

u can check out some other Networking groups on my profile at: http://www.meetup.com/singapore-entrepreneurs-network/members/3674958/
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 am

I haven't seen that before. Looks like a very good way to network. Let me learn more.

Maybe we can organise a casual meetup to SSuF members.
Back to top Go down
inle
Rising Star
Rising Star

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:02 am

Can I join in too????
I hope I can learn something from u guys..
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:43 pm

cyj wrote:
i suggest attending meetup groups like on www.meetup.com specifically in Singapore...i think networking is very important...i often emphasis how much so tt it is no longer what u know...but who u know tt is important...networking sessions such as this: http://www.meetup.com/singapore-entrepreneurs-network/

i personally attend an average of 1-2 networking sessions a week...join me if u can ya? =)

u can check out some other Networking groups on my profile at: http://www.meetup.com/singapore-entrepreneurs-network/members/3674958/

I have just read through their meetup page. The next meetup seems to be on the 6 of Aug. I'll probably go. inle you can come with me too.

Also, I just made a discovery. The meetup is organised by a non-profit company called Project:Senso, which aims to connect entrepreneurs in Singapore and Malaysia. Guess what, they already have a forum on their site, just like SSuF! And they already have 5600 members. I feel small already.

This is Project:Senso's site.

Here is their forum.
Back to top Go down
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:12 am

Hey guys Smile

Let me know when you guys are meeting,
gonna join in the fun.

I am currently engaged in
setting up F&B franchises,
those want to know more
can email me at
hsyenli-2007@hotmail.com

Ali
Back to top Go down
SSuF Admin
Admin
SSuF Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 pm

SSuF meet up coming soon!

View this thread for the details: http://www.ssuf.biz/looking-for-capital-business-partners-or-mentors-f10/a-ssuf-meetup-anyone-t111.htm
Back to top Go down
stanleyang

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 am

hi all, i'm keen to join you guys to learn something. some info on me: i've been working in my family business in china for 5 years. i have alot of good contacts in china. what i lack is a team with a good idea. china is a good place for business for its huge market, start-up capital is low. pm me or msn alo_torpedo@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
KennethLee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi all,

I would love to join if there is such an opportunity.

Cheers!

Kenneth
http://ideasforsmallbusinesses.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://ideasforsmallbusinesses.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.   Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a keen group of people to brain storm innovative idea together.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Start-up Forum [SSuF] -- Connecting Entrepreneurs :: General Business :: Starting a new business? -